The thing that bugs me about this whole deal is we have people here whom starve everyday also...I think we should take care of our own before going over there to help them out.
Don't know if there was a post about this, and I missed it, but did anybody get to watch or listen to any of the performances today. It's nice to know that when there is a serious issue like this, that a lot of the big names in music will donate their time to a worthwhile cause.
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
The thing that bugs me about this whole deal is we have people here whom starve everyday also...I think we should take care of our own before going over there to help them out.
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.
I belong to God Now.
Yea. It's a good thing but....the hypocritical thing is that the backstage catering bill was over $20,000. It was said to consist of calamari, veal, shrimp, steaks, caviar....it seems a little like a slap in the face to the cause to me. What's wrong with a few "samiches"?
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Amen
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
When the singing is done the 3rd world country dictators will still be committing atrocities and stealing everything from their own people .
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
It's actually for worldwide hunger, Tob.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I thought it was to create awareness to get the Great 8 economic countries to forgive Africas national debt .
On 6th July 2005, the leaders of Great Britain, the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan and Russia will meet at Gleneagles in Scotland to talk about world affairs, including Africa. They will be presented with a workable plan to double aid, drop the debt and make trade laws fair.
Life is a grindstone . Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up , depends on what we are made of .
Oh then I misunderstood what they said...I thought it was to make people aware of the starving going on in Africa...I've said it and i'll say it till I die we need to take care of our own before we try to take care of some other nation...But if it's for worldwide hunger then I say as long as the Good Ole U.S.A. and it hungry people are involved it's ok.
Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.
I belong to God Now.
Hmm. Well, If Sun Tzu is right, I'm wrong, I agree with you 100% Tob. I thought is was just a continuation of Live Aid.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
"$40 billion debt
In other favorable signs, the G-8 countries reached an agreement last month to wipe out $40 billion in debt that 18 of the world's poorest countries "? 14 of them in Africa "? owe to international lending institutions, including the World Bank."- MSN story
The hunger thing is on going, and the nations are pledging money to help with health care and food.
Bookmarks